Applied Spectral Imaging is looking for a well-organized, highly motivated, and energetic Sales Rep to support its sales efforts in the Western US Region.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Acquire sufficient knowledge of ASI’s platform to understand product specifications and its applications to specific diagnosis or research purposes
- Initiate contact with new prospects and follow-up on all additional leads for the territory in conjunction with Insides Sales.
- Be able to communicate the benefits and competitive advantages of the relevant product solution through effective product presentations.
- Create a list of sales prospects (mainly Cytogenetic and Pathology laboratories) based on product and market understanding.
- Communicate with our customers to understand their requirements.
- Develop and cultivate contacts with existing ASI clients, fitting the solution to their needs.
- Interact with other departments in the organization to insure the proper handling of customers’ requirements.
- Turn prospects into opportunities through the whole sales cycle, including performing needs/requirements analysis, account strategy and planning activities, and closing deals.
- Strategize and plan an independent strategy and work plan to overachieve incentive compensation.
- Travel nationally to trade shows.
- Maximize both present and long term sales and gross profits, to reach and exceed sales goals.
- Ensure that orders received have the correct financial documentation and back up so that payment is assured.
- May assist accounts receivable in matters of collection.
- Cytogenetics lab experience a must
- Preferred: 2-5 years of Sales experience in the Capital Diagnostic Medical Sales industry, preferably in Microscopy, Imaging Sales and Image analysis
- Bachelor Degree - a must
- Degree in Biomedical Science or Life Science with emphasis on Human Genetics, Molecular Genetics and Pathology – a great advantage
- Ability to understand and master complex technical and medical terminology and present them in layman terms to any relevant counterpart
- Ability to manage a large geographic territory and a willingness to travel up to 50%
- Extremely organized, with the ability to perform pro-active account management and build an independent pipeline
- Results-oriented hunter, capable of negotiating and closing deals
- Highly tech-savvy